- This event has passed.
Dallas Festival of Books & Ideas (Ozsváth & Turner)
June 1 @ 9:30 am - 2:00 pmFree
2019 Dallas Festival of Books & Ideas – Summer in the City
Kick off summer with a festival of books, authors and reading on every floor of the Central Library. Listen to writers talk about their work, discover a new author and learn about the publishing process from people who’ve done it. Plus, add to the community quilt in the mini quilt show and find the next great read in the Friends of the Dallas Public Library’s Book Cellar.
While you’re at the library, all ages can sign up for the Mayor’s Summer Reading Challenge. Plus, teens can stick around after the festival to see local youth compete in the first Teen Rap Battle!
- Zsuzsanna Ozsváth & Frederick Turner, translators of Goethe’s The Golden Goblet (Deep Vellum)
- Laura Numeroff, writer of “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie…“
- Melanie Benjamin, writer of “The Girls in the Picture “
- Steven L. Davis and Bill Minutaglio, authors of “ The Most Dangerous Man in America: Timothy Leary, Richard Nixon & the Hunt for the Fugitive King of LSD“
- Melissa Lenhardt, author of the novel “Heresy“
- Joe Lansdale, author of the novel “The Elephant of Surprise“
- The Crew of the Barque Lone Star (Sherlock Holmes Literary Society)
- Dallas Area Romance Authors
- Deep Vellum
- The Dock Bookshop
- DFW Writers Workshop
- Jane Austen Society of North Texas
- Society of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators
- University of North Texas Mayborn School of Journalism
This event is made possible thanks to the Freda Gail Stern Fund of the Friends of the Dallas Public Library.
The Dallas Festival of Books & Ideas, May 28 – June 1, is a city-wide event aimed at energizing the people of Dallas through the power of books and ideas. A partnership between Dallas Public Library, the Dallas Institute of Humanities and Culture, The Dallas Morning News and the Dallas Museum of Art, the festival takes place at multiple sites. For a complete list of events, visit http://thedallasfestival.com
- Dallas Institute of Humanities & Culture
- (214) 871-2440
- Dallas Public Library
1515 Young Street
Dallas, TX 75201 United States + Google Map