It’s North Texas Giving Day!
Please consider making a tax deductible donation to Deep Vellum Publishing on the North Texas Giving Day website today, every donation made over $25 will qualify Deep Vellum for prizes, bonuses, and other awesome recognition that will go a long way towards furthering our mission of connecting the world through the written word!
What is North Texas Giving Day?
North Texas’ incredible generosity has broken the national record 3 years in a row! After last year’s national record-crushing 75,000 donations totaling $26.3 million, North Texas Giving Day is back with the hopes that North Texas will raise the giving day bar once again to benefit more North Texas nonprofits. On September 17, 2015, donations of $25 or more can be made 6 a.m. to midnight to more than 2,100 certified nonprofits listed on www.NorthTexasGivingDay.org. Those donations will be amplified by more than $2 million dollars in bonus funds and prizes.
Donate directly to Deep Vellum at this link or click the picture above: https://www.northtexasgivingday.org/#npo/deep-vellum-publishing
Think of North Texas Giving Day as Christmas for the 2100 amazing Dallas nonprofit organizations signed up, including Deep Vellum! And if you make a donation, please share that fact on social media, with the hashtag #NTXGivingDay. We need your support! And the support of your friends, family, loved ones, bosses, exes, cousins, acquaintances, high school frienemies, billionaires, and readers.
Why should you donate to Deep Vellum?
- In only one year, we’ve published 10 books by 9 authors (4 women, 5 men) from 7 countries written in 6 languages!
- When we publish books, we bring our authors to Texas, like Carmen Boullosa‘s events in Dallas last October, or our upcoming events in Dallas with authorFiston Mwanza Mujila and translator Roland Glasser at The Wild Detectives on October 1st and at Richland College and SMU on October 2nd!
- We host events for authors and translators in Dallas, like John Darnielle just as Wolf in White Van was shortlisted for the National Book Award, or Marian Schwartz before her translation of Anna Karenina was nominated for the National Translation Award!
- We’ve just signed the lease to move Deep Vellum HQ into a new office space in Deep Ellum that will feature a bookstore/gallery/event space up front, giving the beating heart of central Dallas a new cultural hub to enjoy!
- Deep Vellum has been recognized by local and international media as “Dallas’s Best Publisher” by D Magazine, publisher Will Evans has been featured as one of the Dallas Observer‘s “100 Dallas Creatives,” Flavorwire named Deep Vellum “one of the five small publishers changing the face of the industry.”
- We publish game-changing, life-altering, mind-blowing, genre-bending literary masterpieces by authors who have often never been published in English before, like Sergio Pitol and Anne Garréta, expanding our very understanding of what literature is and what it can do.
- Books are awesome.
- Dallas is more awesome with more books in it.
- Translators make the world seem real to us and we value translators for that, always putting their names on the front cover of our books and promoting translation as a form of creative writing to be better understood and appreciated.
These are but a few of the reasons why you should support Deep Vellum today on North Texas Giving Day. None of what we do at Deep Vellum is cheap, nor is it free, though everything we do is for you, the Dallasite, the North Texan, the 214 to the 817, we do this for you. Join us in creating a more vibrant and engaged literary Metroplex, and by extension a more literary world. Together we are always more awesome than alone.